CSSSA Legacy Circle
The CSSSA Legacy Circle honors those who have included The CSSSA Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, in their wills and estates. Planned gifts may offer you tax benefits and income while allowing you to make a more significant gift.
Ways to Give
You can name the CSSSA Foundation in your long-range plans including:
- Bequest – The CSSSA Foundation can be listed as a beneficiary of the donor’s will or revocable trust. Donors can leave a specific dollar amount, a percentage of the estate, or a specific item to the CSSSA Foundation.
- Retirement funds – The CSSSA Foundation can be designated as the beneficiary (or co-beneficiary) of an IRA, 401k, or other retirement investment plan.
- Insurance policies – The CSSSA Foundation can be the beneficiary of the donor’s life insurance policy.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts and/or Charitable Lead Trusts – The CSSSA Foundation can be the beneficiary of a CRT or CLT that has been created by the donor’s legal and financial advisors. The CSSSA Foundation Board of Directors, or its appointed designee, shall determine, on a case-by-case basis, whether the organization should serve as trustee of a CRT or CLT, and whether CSSSAF should serve as co-trustee with the donor.
- Publicly Traded Securities - Marketable securities may be transferred to an account maintained at the CSSSA Foundation’s brokerage firm. As a general rule, all marketable securities shall be sold upon receipt.
Tangible items - Tangible personal property (such as valuable art work or vehicle donations) can be gifted to CSSSA, and will be accepted at the discretion of the Board of Directors based on its usefulness to CSSSA’s mission, its marketability, any restrictions on the item’s use or sale, and any maintenance costs.
READY TO JOIN THE CSSSA LEGACY CIRCLE, OR WANT MORE INFORMATION?
CONTACT Heidi Kershaw, Executive Director.
The CSSSA Foundation’s TAX ID# is 95-4111128. Before finalizing your charitable plans we encourage you to seek the counsel of your legal or financial advisor.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THE CSSSA LEGACY CIRCLE?
Ensure the future of CSSSA by joining those who have included the CSSSA Foundation in their trusts or wills.
- CSSSA Legacy Circle benefits include:
- Invitations to special events
- VIP Tours of CSSSA
- Recognition of your commitment in the Annual Report
- Opportunities to meet other CSSSA Legacy Circle donors
If you have questions or would like additional information please contact Heidi Kershaw, Executive Director. Thank you for considering a gift!